Welcome to the Encyclopedia Virginia blog. An online compendium of Virginia history written by scholars from across the country and even across the world, the encyclopedia is currently being compiled here at EV headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia. We use these pages—
- to explain what we’re doing and what it’s good for;
- to illuminate some of our editorial practices;
- to tell you about what other historical work is happening in Virginia;
- to link our efforts with those of our publisher, the Virginia Humanities, and our partners at the Library of Virginia;
- to tease you with samples of the encyclopedia in progress;
- to ooh and aah over some of the history we are uncovering;
- to connect that history to the real lives we’re all leading today; and
- to provide an opportunity for you to join in on the conversation.
NOTE: Each post is signed by its author. The views therein belong to that person alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities.